Navigation Bar

Friday, March 13, 2020

Green Monster Muffins

 Anyone else sometimes struggle with getting their kids to eat veggies?  As my little guy has gotten older (and learned the word "No") I have found that getting him to eat his veggies can sometimes be an uphill battle (and he isn't a terribly picky eater)!


So I have started to look for creative, and sometimes sneaky ways to get him to eat more veggies ( I know I am not the only mom to do this)!  And with St Patrick's Day right around the corner, I decided to give our favorite muffin a little (green) facelift! 

These muffins are super easy to make, and I love the green color that the spinach gives them (side note, you can't taste the spinach at all) reminds me of Spring! Added bonus, my little dude loves them so it is a win win.   

Green Monster Muffins 
Makes 12 Large or 24 Mini Muffins 

Ingredients:
Dry 
1 Cup Whole Flour 
1 Cup Oatmeal 
1/2 - 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar (use less if you don't want your muffins as sweet)
3/4 Teaspoon Baking Soda 
3/4 Teaspoon Baking Powder 
Wet
1 Beaten Egg 
3/4 Cup Milk 
1/3 Cup Cooking Oil (I typically use Canola Oil, but use whatever cooking oil you like!)
1 Handful Baby Spinach
Directions: 
1- Combine dry ingredients into one bowl and mix together. 
2- In a high speed blender combine wet ingredients and blend until well combined, and spinach is finely blended. 
3- Add wet ingredients to your dry ingredients, mix until combined. 
4- Line 12 muffin cups (or 24 mini muffin cups) with liners or spray with cooking spray.  Fill each muffin tin with batter and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar (if you like)
5- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 18-20 minutes 
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a sweet little note! Your comments are greatly appreciated and brighten my day!