Navigation Bar

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Back in the Swing of Things-Meal Planning

Happy Tuesday Lovelies! 
Is everyones week off to a wonderful start?  I hope so!
The weather here in Minneapolis has been beautiful, makes me want to be outside 24/7!
I am in love with my morning/afternoon walking to and from work work, gives me a little extra time in the beautiful weather!

Since I am now living on my own I have to get back in the swing of cooking for one!  This means smaller portions (making half a recipe), and eating leftovers!  But don't worry I am still doing the pin challenge!  I actually send my weekly meal plan to my parents and my sister, complete sometimes with the grocery list!  

This week I am focusing on meals that will be easy to pack in my lunch box!  I also realized that I picked a lot of meatless/veggie packed dishes!  Most of the recipes I picked for the week you could add in your choice of protein if you want a little extra! 

So lets kick it off with Zucchini Enchiladas from Skinny Taste!

I have been wanting to make these forever!  They just sound deliciou, and spicy food is what I have been craving recently!

Salads are an easy lunch box staple for me!  So this week I thought why not make a huge quinoa salad to have on hand!  

Next up how about some spaghetti squash?

I love baking my spaghetti squash ahead of time!!  This helps cut down cooking time, because the last thing I want to do after work is wait 45 min for my spaghetti squash to bake!  

And last but not least how about some fresh fish! 

I am thinking of serving the fish over a simple green salad or some brown rice!  Either way I think this dish is going to be delicious!  

Any recipes catching your eye this week?
How do you cook for one?





8 comments:

  1. These zucchini enchiladas look soo good! It always takes a while for me to get into meal planning and packing my lunch after I start a new job. Glad you are enjoying it!

    Lilly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa!!! Looks delish! I am going to have to try that spaghetti squash edamame!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great recipes!i just need time to try them now xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. those zucchini enchiladas look insane!!! I'm an awful cook for one, I always do salad and a microwave dinner haha!

    http://itsthelittlethingsblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you have a basic recipe that you use for spaghetti squash? I'm making my first spaghetti squash recipe this week, and I'm really excited, but wondering about doing it as a make ahead and reheating it for when we plan to eat it...?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those recipes look delicious!! I'd have to opt for the quinoa salad since I cut out bread for a while....I'm trying to find some healthy alternatives to the crap I usually eat haha

    Good luck with your recipe challenge this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. yum! i love enchiladas how cool you can walk to and from work!! hope the transition has been going smoothly and you totally enjoy your new job :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. made that tilapia last week -- very yummy!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a sweet little note! Your comments are greatly appreciated and brighten my day!