Navigation Bar

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Grilled Pizza Pie, and what I am loving Vol.3

Good Morning all!  Happy middle of the week!
Remember yesterday how Mark and I were supposed to head back to Indy yesterday?  Well that did not exactly happen!  After a relaxing afternoon, a few intense and competitive games of Monopoly later, and a good portion of these
homemade grilled pizzas... Mark and I decided we would stay one more night in Dayton!  We have a fair amount of driving to do today, but staying the extra night in Dayton was worth it!
If you have never had grilled pizza I highly suggest that you make them!  Mark and I had never grilled a pizza before so thankfully Marks dad knew all the tricks of the trade when it comes to grilling a good pie!  We used Trader Joe's pre made crust, which was fabulous!  If you do not have time to make your own pizza dough or simply do not want to wait for the dough to rise use Trader Joe's!  The dough puffed up, and had that great doughy thick crust texture!

Yum, and on top of having no preservatives this Trader Joe's pizza dough also comes in whole wheat and a parmesan garlic herb one!  Added bonus for all you Vegans this pre made dough is also Vegan!
This pizza dough is one of the things I am loving!  Can you tell?  I am talking about it enough!
We had 4 types of grilled pizzas last night!
A Veggie Pizza:
Red Sauce
Tomatoes, Onions, Mushroom and Corn 
Mozzarella Cheese

BBQ Chicken Pizza:
BBQ Sauce (Stubbs)
Left over Beer Can Chicken
Corn
Mozzarella, and Gouda Cheese 

Pepperoni and Mushroom
Red Sauce
Pepperoni, Mushroom
Mozzarella Cheese 

Caprese 
Olive Oil and Garlic Sauce
Mozzarella and Parmesan Cheese
Tomatoes, Onion and Fresh Basil
  My favorite was the Caprese!


We used one pack of Trader Joe's Pizza Dough, divided into 4 equal sections.  Stretched out into small circles.  

You want no flames for grilling, and your grill grate oiled (the pizza dough goes directly on the grill grate)!  Place the pizza dough on the grill and cook until dough is puffed and looks done.

Remove from grill and place grill side up like this, 
All your toppings will go on the cooked side.  Repeat this step until all pizza crusts have been grilled.  Now add all your toppings!

When the pizzas are loaded up it is time to return to the grill!  Place pizzas back on grill grate and cook until the cheese has melted!  We ended up placing the pizzas in a warm oven to melt the cheese a bit more!  We did not want the crust to be burnt!


Bon Appétit!

Enjoyed with a splash of this on the side!

I love homemade pizza, I am not crazy on delivery or frozen pizza.  But give me a homemade pizza with tons of fresh ingredients and I am a happy girl!  These pizzas reminded me of a pizza cooked in a brick oven (you know the kinds you can get at restaurants).  

So as long as this post is I have only listed one thing I am loving right now!  So what are the other things that have sparked my interest on this Wednesday morning?
Monopoly!
I love how each time you play this game the outcomes are different!  There are always different strategies and different ways to spend your money!
I am loving my comfy Jcrew light weight sweatshirt! 
Yes I will be wearing this all day in the car!
And I am loving that I got to spend more time with this guy!
Have a Fabulous day everyone and remember to live Happily Ever Healthy!

8 comments:

  1. I love the layout of your site! And I'm DYING to make grilled pizza. It tastes SO good and I definitely haven't done it enough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pizzas look delicious, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just stumbled across your blog and I'm loving it! I've never made a pizza like this. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pizza is one my most favorite foods, and I have never had it grilled!??! I must try this. I do love Trader Joe Pizza crusts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks delicious! I've never had grilled pizza, but looks like a fun treat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love TJ's pizza dough! It's so good and I've always wanted to try grilling a pizza! Now I'll definitely have too! :)

    Becca
    http://blondeslogic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave a sweet little note! Your comments are greatly appreciated and brighten my day!