Navigation Bar

Monday, March 3, 2014

{Cinnamon, Honey, Cornmeal Pancakes}



I think it is safe to say that everyone lives for the weekends! I know I do, and I am a huge fan of weekends with absolutely no plans!  There is something wonderful about waking up on a Saturday morning, where you can enjoy a leisurely cup of coffee, and of course whip up a delicious homemade brunch!   





The weekend is the time where I pull out all the stops for my morning meal, and pancakes are hands down one of my weekend brunch staples.  Saturday morning were usually pancake mornings in my house growing up!  My dad was in charge of the pancake making, and would spoil my mom, sister and I with the most delicious pancakes.  My dads chocolate chip pancakes topped with homemade whip cream were always my favorite, and such a treat!  Just like my dads delicious homemade pancakes, these cinnamon, honey cornmeal pancakes are something special, and a great weekend treat!  Keep these yummy pancakes in mind for your next weekend brunch, I promise they will be a huge crowd pleaser!  

Cinnamon, Honey, Cornmeal Pancakes
Brunch N'Cupcakes 

Ingredients:
1 Box of your favorite corn bread mix (I used Jiffy) 
1 Egg 
2 Tablespoons Butter melted 
1 Tablespoon Honey 
1 Teaspoon Cinnamon 
3/4 Cup Milk (I used Unsweetened Almond Milk) 

Directions:
1- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.  Mix until well combined. 
2- Heat a skillet sprayed with cooking spray over medium heat.  When skillet is hot pour 1/4 cup pancake batter into the skillet.   Once tiny bubbles begin to form on the pancake, flip and cook pancake on other side.  Repeat with remaining pancake batter. 
Serve with Bananas, peanut butter, maple syrup or honey! 

Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a sweet little note! Your comments are greatly appreciated and brighten my day!